Monday, December 8, 2008

Random photos from today

A few random photos from around Barcelona...


"Obama British Africa"... bar? I'm assuming so, but so far I haven't been able to find any more information about this business on Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes. Neither Carlos nor I have seen it before today and I haven't found any info about it online. Maybe I will have to swing by for a drink one day...


Chestnuts (and yams) roasting on an open fire...


I haven't had any yet, but these chestnut stands are popular around Barcelona. Apparently they are mostly run by women who travel from Galicia in Northen Spain. It's so Christmassy!


This was a really cool drawing until someone lame tagged it.

It's really popular to have some sort of artistic statement at the entrance of apartment buildings. Usually, they are some 70s-style aberration of a tree sculpture. This is one of the only 2-D attempts and was really interesting to study as you walked by on the street. Now it's still interesting to see, but it really bothers me that yet another person used graffiti as a tool for vandalism rather than artistic expression. More on graffiti in Barcelona later.

No comments: